A weather warning in effect for Mississauga
Heat Warning in effect for Mississauga.
Hot and humid conditions are expected through Monday.
Maximum daytime temperatures today will be 32 to 34 degrees Celsius with humidex values near 40. Minimum temperatures tonight will be 22 to 25 degrees Celsius, providing little relief from the heat.
High temperatures Monday are forecast to be 30 to 32 degrees Celsius. Humidex values near 40 are also expected on Monday. Cooler and less humid air is expected to arrive on Tuesday.
Please note, hot and humid air can also bring deteriorating air quality and result in the air quality health index approaching the high risk category.
Extreme heat affects everyone.
The risks are greater for young children, pregnant women, older adults, people with chronic illnesses and people working or exercising outdoors.
Check on older family, friends and neighbours. Make sure they are cool and drinking water
Reduce your heat risk. Schedule outdoor activities during the coolest parts of the day.
Never leave people or pets inside a parked vehicle.
Outdoor workers should take regularly scheduled breaks in a cool place.
- Mississauga and Brampton face curfews, travel ban as Ford plans next COVID move
- City of Mississauga planning controlled burn of portion of popular park this weekend
- 401 closed as Mississauga woman killed in early morning collision
- 855,000 vaccines that were to have arrived last week are now in the Canada
- Mayor of Brampton Patrick Brown and wife celebrate birth of baby girl