A weather warning in effect for Mississauga
Heat Warning in effect for Mississauga.
Hot and humid conditions are expected through Monday.
Maximum daytime temperatures today will be 32 to 34 degrees Celsius with humidex values near 40. Minimum temperatures tonight will be 22 to 25 degrees Celsius, providing little relief from the heat.
High temperatures Monday are forecast to be 30 to 32 degrees Celsius. Humidex values near 40 are also expected on Monday. Cooler and less humid air is expected to arrive on Tuesday.
Please note, hot and humid air can also bring deteriorating air quality and result in the air quality health index approaching the high risk category.
Extreme heat affects everyone.
The risks are greater for young children, pregnant women, older adults, people with chronic illnesses and people working or exercising outdoors.
Check on older family, friends and neighbours. Make sure they are cool and drinking water
Reduce your heat risk. Schedule outdoor activities during the coolest parts of the day.
Never leave people or pets inside a parked vehicle.
Outdoor workers should take regularly scheduled breaks in a cool place.
- McDonald’s showing appreciation for Canadian teachers
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Mississauga with reported COVID-19 cases – September 29
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 29
- Three women injured in Mississauga apartment attack
- Amber alert called off as girls found safe