A Weather Alert is Officially in Effect for Mississauga
If you plan on spending some time outdoors tonight, you might want to ensure that shelter is never too far away.
Environment Canada says a special weather statement is in effect for Halton and Peel (Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills).
The weather agency says several rounds of showers will move through the area this afternoon and this evening, bringing general rainfall amounts of 10 mm.
Isolated thunderstorms may boost local rainfall totals into the 15 to 25 mm range by late this evening.
The ground is still frozen or snow covered, so these local rainfall amounts combined with mild temperatures may cause significant snowmelt or runoff leading to localized ponding on streets and other low lying areas.
- Teenage driver crashes into pole in Mississauga while allegedly evading police
- Top 5 Biggest Parks in Mississauga
- Bonnie Crombie urges patience as cases climb and hospitalization rates remain high in Mississauga
- Air Canada revising refund policy with cancelled flight options
- Police and emergency crews attempting a water rescue in Mississauga