A Weather Alert is Officially in Effect for Mississauga
If you plan on spending some time outdoors tonight, you might want to ensure that shelter is never too far away.
Environment Canada says a special weather statement is in effect for Halton and Peel (Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills).
The weather agency says several rounds of showers will move through the area this afternoon and this evening, bringing general rainfall amounts of 10 mm.
Isolated thunderstorms may boost local rainfall totals into the 15 to 25 mm range by late this evening.
The ground is still frozen or snow covered, so these local rainfall amounts combined with mild temperatures may cause significant snowmelt or runoff leading to localized ponding on streets and other low lying areas.
- Special Weather Alert Now in Effect for Mississauga
- Special weather statement: Heavy rainfall in Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton
- Special weather statement: Mississauga, Brampton, Halton Region could see 50mm of rain today
- UPDATED WEATHER STATEMENT: Significant Rainfall Continuing in Mississauga
- A Special Weather Statement Issued for Mississauga
- Ontario asking feds to ensure that Mississauga and Ontario residents with mixed doses can travel abroad
- Metrolinx expanding GO train service in Hamilton
- One year old girl pulled from backyard pool without vital signs in Burlington
- Oldest theatre in Mississauga is closing permanently
- Arrest follows armed robbery of retail location in Brampton earlier this month