A Weather Advisory is Now in Effect for Mississauga
And it's possibly going to get messy on Monday.
A winter weather travel advisory has been issued by Environment Canada early Monday for Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Oakville, Burlington, Milton, and Halton Hills.
"A widespread area of snow is expected to arrive for the afternoon commute today," reads the statement.
Snowfall amounts near 5 cm are likely by early Tuesday.
There's also "the possibility of locally higher snowfall amounts up to 10 cm closer to the lakeshore due to enhancement off of Lake Ontario."
Roads may quickly become snow-covered and icy.
Visibilities are expected to be reduced at times in the snow bands.
The snow will taper off to a few flurries early Tuesday morning.
Monday's predicted high is -5 C with a low of -8 C.
Tuesday's expected high is -4 C with temperatures expected to drop to - 12 C after dark.
- Police search for woman following a Mississauga park assault
- Lane closures in downtown Hamilton after watermain break
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- Brampton resident celebrated his big lotto win with champagne
- Major Mississauga roads closed after two-car collision