A Water Safety Statement is in Effect For Mississauga
A Water Safety statement is in effect for Mississauga and surrounding regions until March 2.
According to the Toronto and Region Conservation (TRCA) report, Environment Canada says we'll see about 15-25 mm of rain in the GTA starting Tuesday afternoon. The rain will persist until Wednesday morning, and there's also a chance of thunderstorms.
The TRCA says that the recent warm weather has caused snow to melt, creating saturated ground conditions. These conditions, coupled with the forecasted rainfall amounts, will result in higher than normal water levels and flows in rivers and streams. These conditions will also cause banks to be slippery and unstable.
Authorities are advising people to exercise caution around all bodies of water and be particularly vigilant about keeping children and pets away from slippery and unstable banks. The TRCA is also advising against driving through ponded water.
The water safety watershed conditions statement will be in effect for the next few days.
- This Massive Entertainment Facility is a Hidden Gem
- 5 Hidden Gem Shows at the Living Arts Centre in Mississauga
- House of the Week: $2 mil family home with impressive kitchen
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Ice from other vehicle shatters windshield in Mississauga
- Armed suspects flee attempted bank robbery in Mississauga