A Super Cool Rooftop Skating Rink is Coming to Mississauga
Mississauga residents who love to skate during the colder months should be very happy to learn that the city will soon welcome a super cool rooftop skating rink that will overlook the bustling City Centre area.
The people behind the luxurious M City, the massive $1.5 billion condo community that's set to take shape right in the City Centre core, announced that future M City residents will be able to enjoy an extremely unique rooftop skating rink.
According to M City's Facebook page, a portion of the rooftop amenity space will serve as a skating rink during the winter months.
We can only imagine how awesome the view of the Square will be, especially during the holiday season when the tree is festively lit up.
This is more interesting news from the hot new development, which is slated to become a 10-tower, 15-acre, 4.3 million sq. ft. community that will feature over two acres of public parkland (which is good, as we all know green space is a big deal).
Recently, we found out that the development's flagship zig-zag tower will be the tallest in the city, beating out the 56-storey Absolute tower by a fine four-storey margin.
For those who are unaware, the M City plan is ambitious and vast and will be overseen by a number of firms, including Urban Capital, the Cooper Robertson architecture and urban design firm, the CORE Architects architecture and interior design company, Cecconi Simone interior design company and Baker Real Estate Inc.
The community is designed to fit into the city’s lofty Downtown 21 plan and is, for all intents and purposes, intended to further the city’s transformation from a semi-urban bedroom community to a richer, denser urban space.
Although the development was just announced last fall, it’s been in the works since 2007. Almost 10 years ago, Rogers Real Estate called on Urban Capital to help transform the long-held family asset (the Rogers family purchased the land in the 60s) into what they’re calling a “legacy community.”
So, how will it look?
M-City community features include extending existing city streets on an angular plane to create a fine-grained network of blocks. Ideally, this will create something the city is most in need of and has been since its inception — a pedestrian-friendly environment. The typical residential blocks will provide two-way roads with on-street parking, sidewalks and residential frontages. In terms of frontage, the community will be situated on Burnhamthorpe and provide north and south connections along Mary Fix Creek.
M City should break ground sometime this year.
- PHOTOS: A Look at the Glitziest Houses in Mississauga
- Police Release List of Complaints Made to 911 Regarding Amber Alert for Murdered 11 Year Old Girl
- When You Do (and Don't) Have to Talk to Police in Mississauga
- Here’s How Much Canadian Home Sales Recently Dropped by
- UPDATE: Police Release Photos of Armed Kidnapping Suspects
- Stunning New Condo Set to Become Tallest Building in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: M City Launch Draws Insane Crowds
- Is the Massive Rogers Condo Community in Mississauga Historic or Good Marketing?
- Huge New Condo Community Slated for City Centre Area in Mississauga
- Another Look at the Stunning Tower Coming to Mississauga