A Stunning Water Lantern Festival is Coming to Mississauga Soon
If you love the sight of beautifully-lit lanterns on the water, you might be very happy to hear that a well-known water lantern festival has big plans for Mississauga.
The Water Lantern Festival, which hosts events across the world, is coming to Mississauga in 2019. The date and location have yet to be announced, but the website says the event should hit local waterways this year. You can actually click on a Notify Me link on the website to find out more details as the event creeps closer.
According to the website, those who sign up to be notified will be able to get tickets at the lowest possible price.
View this post on Instagram
When asked what they loved most about our event, this is what one person said, “Just what the event stood for. Love and positivity. With all the hate in the world it was nice to see the focus on something positive such as love, rather than some demonstration. Thank you.” . Did you know that our event is a unique experience for all individuals in attendance? Here at Water Lantern Festival we promote 5 main ideas. This are: life, love, remembrance, unity, and peace. We believe there is something for everyone at our events. Come and experience what makes this event so magical today! Link in bio to purchase tickets.
So, what is the festival?
According to the festival’s website, the Water Lantern Festival is “filled with fun, happiness, hope, and great memories that you’ll cherish for a lifetime.”
The festival, which is presented by One World LLC., invites attendees to “Light The Water” in a night that includes food, music and some very stunning imagery.
The family-oriented event allows attendees to receive their own floating lantern (which is included in the ticket price) to launch on the water. Guests will get a marker to decorate their lantern, a commemorative drawstring bag and a wristband for entry into the event. Using the marker, attendees can write something important on their lantern and “send it out to sea,” as it were.
“Water Lantern Festival is more than just an event, it’s an experience. We realize that everyone has different life circumstances and many are going through the same struggles and victories, heartfelt losses, and personal gains,” the website reads. “These life-events, and the emotions that go along with them make us human. At Water Lantern Festival, we bring everyone together to create an atmosphere of hope, unity, love, and happiness.”
Those with environment concerns should take comfort in the fact that, according to organizers, all lanterns are 100 per cent eco-friendly (made from wood and rice paper) and will be completely cleaned up after the event by festival staff.
The festival is currently looking for Mississauga businesses, vendors and charities to partner with for the event.
To learn more about the event, click here.
- Everything You Need to Know About a Stunning Water Lantern Festival That’s Coming to Mississauga
- Japan Festival Canada bringing exciting Raptors event to Mississauga soon
- A Unique Food, Music and Culture Festival is Coming to Mississauga
- Huge Asian Night Market and Food Festival Coming to Mississauga
- Here’s How Many Trendy Food Vendors Will Be at Japan Festival Canada in Mississauga
- Teenage driver crashes into pole in Mississauga while allegedly evading police
- Top 5 Biggest Parks in Mississauga
- Bonnie Crombie urges patience as cases climb and hospitalization rates remain high in Mississauga
- Air Canada revising refund policy with cancelled flight options
- Here’s what’s replacing a Smoke’s Poutinerie location in Mississauga