A special weather statement is now in effect for Mississauga
Environment Canada has issued a special weather statement for Mississauga Tuesday (April 21).
The national weather agency warns residents of Mississauga to expect the return of cold Arctic air accompanied with strong and gusty northwest winds.
Northwest winds with frequent gusts of 70 to 80 km/h will occur Tuesday in the wake of a sharp arctic cold front that blasted across the region Monday night, the statement says.
These winds are strong enough to cause Isolated power outages.
Winds will slowly diminish Tuesday evening.
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Sikh, Hindu dispute over Indian politics boils over in Brampton
- The Cake Boss is coming to Canada with a brand new location in Mississauga
- Loopholes still allow international travellers to "collect your luggage and leave" at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Wayne Gretzky remembers his father, Walter, as man with ‘a heart of gold’ at funeral