A Special Weather Statement is in Effect for Mississauga
Grab your umbrella.
And your trench coat.
Environment Canada has issued a special weather statement for Brampton, Mississauga, Burlington, Oakville, Caledon, Halton Hills, and Milton on Tuesday morning.
A few rounds of showers and thunderstorms are expected today across portions of southern Ontario.
“The rain is expected to be periodic in nature with significant breaks from time to time,” reads the statement.
“However, as the air mass will be very moist, torrential downpours giving significant rainfall amounts in relatively short periods of time are likely.”
Many areas will likely receive between 20 to 40 mm of rain by this evening.
But areas on the end of several thunderstorms may receive significantly higher amounts.
- Busy Mississauga library to close for two years for a multi-million-dollar renovation
- VIDEO: Man wanted for allegedly yelling racial comments and threats in Mississauga
- 16-year-old found with loaded gun in Mississauga, police say
- City still concerned about controversial convent and senior’s residence in Mississauga
- New case of coronavirus found in Ontario