A Special Weather Statement is in Effect for Mississauga
Grab your umbrella.
And your trench coat.
Environment Canada has issued a special weather statement for Brampton, Mississauga, Burlington, Oakville, Caledon, Halton Hills, and Milton on Tuesday morning.
A few rounds of showers and thunderstorms are expected today across portions of southern Ontario.
“The rain is expected to be periodic in nature with significant breaks from time to time,” reads the statement.
“However, as the air mass will be very moist, torrential downpours giving significant rainfall amounts in relatively short periods of time are likely.”
Many areas will likely receive between 20 to 40 mm of rain by this evening.
But areas on the end of several thunderstorms may receive significantly higher amounts.
- Special weather statement: Mississauga, Brampton, Halton Region could see 50mm of rain today
- Special weather statement issued for Hamilton as rain moves in
- Special Weather Statement in Effect for Mississauga Today
- Special Weather Statement Issued for Mississauga
- Mississauga to Receive Heavy Rainfall and Potential Thunderstorms
- 100% of recent Mississauga and Brampton COVID patients not fully vaccinated
- Police investigating "reports of possible gunshots" in Brampton
- House fire in Brampton leads to police diverting traffic
- Mississauga grandfather plans to share big lotto win with his children
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising