A Special Weather Statement is in Effect for Mississauga
Grab your umbrella.
And your trench coat.
Environment Canada has issued a special weather statement for Brampton, Mississauga, Burlington, Oakville, Caledon, Halton Hills, and Milton on Tuesday morning.
A few rounds of showers and thunderstorms are expected today across portions of southern Ontario.
“The rain is expected to be periodic in nature with significant breaks from time to time,” reads the statement.
“However, as the air mass will be very moist, torrential downpours giving significant rainfall amounts in relatively short periods of time are likely.”
Many areas will likely receive between 20 to 40 mm of rain by this evening.
But areas on the end of several thunderstorms may receive significantly higher amounts.
- Mississauga to Receive Heavy Rainfall and Potential Thunderstorms
- Special Weather Statement in Effect for Mississauga Today
- Special Weather Statement Issued for Mississauga
- A Special Weather Statement Issued for Mississauga
- Special weather statement regarding "significant snowfall" in effect for Mississauga
- Mississauga grandfather celebrating big lotto win
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of September 21 to 26
- A McDonald's location inside a Walmart in Mississauga has temporarily closed down due to a COVID-19 case
- Police searching for suspect following sexual assault at GO station in Mississauga
- Ontario reports 435 new COVID-19 cases, no new deaths