A windy weather statement in effect for Mississauga
It’s going to be a windy one in Mississauga.
A special weather statement in effect for Mississauga.
Strong wind gusts of 70 to 80 km/h expected Sunday November 15, 2020.
A strengthening low pressure system is forecast to track across northeastern Ontario Sunday with winds strengthening throughout the day.
The highest winds are expected to be ushered in with the passage of a cold front, where southwest winds gusting up to 80 km/h are forecast. This front will move through southwestern Ontario beginning Sunday morning and through the Toronto to Barrie corridor in the afternoon.
Local power outages are possible. Strong winds may toss loose objects or cause tree branches to break.
Wind will slowly ease Sunday night into Monday morning.
- Thirteen tickets won a massive lottery prize in Ontario but no jackpot
- UPDATE: Brampton teen drowns in Halton Hills area
- Mississauga enters first stage of reopening as COVID-19 restrictions loosen across Ontario
- Mississauga, Brampton vaccine clinics taking place this weekend
- Trio of suitors to bid on anaerobic digestion plant in Clarington