A Special Pop-Up Market is Coming to Square One in Mississauga for the First Time Ever
There's no shortage of things to do at Square One, the vast shopping centre that recently welcomed The Food District, Indigo and The Rec Room.
But while shoppers certainly won't have any trouble finding what they're looking for, there's always room for one more market that celebrates the city's diversity.
For that reason, Muslim shoppers might be happy to hear that Square One recently announced that it will be holding its first-ever Eid ul Adha Market.
The market will run from Friday, August 8 to Sunday, August 11.
The market, which will be located on level 2 near Loft and H&M, will celebrate what organizers call the "forgotten Eid."
"We grew up calling Eid ul Adha 'bari' Eid aka 'big' Eid aka 'more important' aka 'holier. But for some reason when it came time to celebrating…it was more like the forgotten Eid," the Muslim Link event website reads. ?
"I want to change that for our community! We really only have two big holidays in Islam and we always focus on Ramadan because [of] the 30-day lead up to Eid ul Fitr. Let’s start celebrating Eid ul Adha like the 'big' Eid it is!"
Organizers say that anyone who loved the recent Ramadan Market at Square One will be equally impressed with the new one.
As far as offerings go, the market will boast a curated selection of vendors, complimentary cotton candy, complimentary henna, a passport to Hajj activity for kids, and a community gift exchange.
Organizers say no ticket purchase is necessary and everyone is welcome.
For more info, click here.
- More parkland is coming to one of Mississauga’s busiest neighbourhoods
- Peel District School Board says parents have 10 days to decide whether or not to send their children back to class
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Peel
- Two suspects sought after carjacking in Mississauga
- Province says two-way, all-day service in the works for GO Train line that runs through Mississauga