A Severe Weather Watch is Now in Effect for Mississauga
Grab your umbrella or stay inside if you can - a severe weather watch is currently in effect.
According to Environment Canada, "dangerous" thunderstorms may develop in Burlington, Oakville, Caledon, Halton Hills, Milton, Mississauga, and Brampton, in a statement issued Tuesday August 21, 2018.
These thunderstorms might lead to strong wind gusts and torrential rain.
"Remember, severe thunderstorms can produce tornadoes," reads the statement.
"Heavy downpours can cause flash floods and water pooling on roads. Lightning kills and injures Canadians every year."
The Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management recommends that you take cover immediately if threatening weather approaches.
- 14-Year-Old Arrested After Threat Made Against Mississauga High School
- Ontario Residents Warned to Avoid Certain Types of Lettuce Following Illness Outbreak
- Mississauga Set to Welcome $40 Million Park
- Get Ready for Some Brutally Cold Weather in Mississauga
- Black Friday Shopping is Easier Than Ever Before in Mississauga