A Severe Weather Watch is Now in Effect for Mississauga
Grab your umbrella or stay inside if you can - a severe weather watch is currently in effect.
According to Environment Canada, "dangerous" thunderstorms may develop in Burlington, Oakville, Caledon, Halton Hills, Milton, Mississauga, and Brampton, in a statement issued Tuesday August 21, 2018.
These thunderstorms might lead to strong wind gusts and torrential rain.
"Remember, severe thunderstorms can produce tornadoes," reads the statement.
"Heavy downpours can cause flash floods and water pooling on roads. Lightning kills and injures Canadians every year."
The Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management recommends that you take cover immediately if threatening weather approaches.
- Top 5 Chicken on the Rocks in Mississauga
- Some university students in Mississauga are dating older partners to pay off debt
- Vehicle leaves scene after striking pedestrian in Mississauga
- Three OPP officers charged following allegations of preferential treatment for GTA tow operators
- Long-awaited store finally opens in Streetsville