A Severe Weather Watch is Now in Effect for Mississauga
Grab your umbrella or stay inside if you can - a severe weather watch is currently in effect.
According to Environment Canada, "dangerous" thunderstorms may develop in Burlington, Oakville, Caledon, Halton Hills, Milton, Mississauga, and Brampton, in a statement issued Tuesday August 21, 2018.
These thunderstorms might lead to strong wind gusts and torrential rain.
"Remember, severe thunderstorms can produce tornadoes," reads the statement.
"Heavy downpours can cause flash floods and water pooling on roads. Lightning kills and injures Canadians every year."
The Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management recommends that you take cover immediately if threatening weather approaches.
- Mississauga and Brampton residents can expect changes to garbage collection
- Health Canada issues major recalls for products at Costco and various stores
- Drugs found at kids playland, 19 from Brampton busted as international trafficking ring smashed, police release all names
- COVID defiant gym stays open as Mississauga appears powerless
- ICU pressures mount as COVID fells younger people; Ottawa mulls India travel ban