A severe thunderstorm warning is in effect for Mississauga
When thunder roars, go indoors, Environment Canada advises.
The government agency says weather conditions are favourable today for severe thunderstorms that may bring heavy rain and strong wind gusts of near 100 km/h.
“Thunderstorms are possible throughout the afternoon before weakening and moving east of the area this evening,” Environment Canada reports.
Residents are warned that strong wind gusts can potentially toss loose objects, damage weak buildings, break branches off trees, and overturn large vehicles.
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Emergency crews responding to crash involving motorcyclist in Mississauga
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcomes 45 new flights with COVID-19
- Workers in Peel Region have lost jobs due to COVID-19 scrutiny in Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon
- MAYORS CHAT: Bonnie Crombie chats about Mississauga - February 21, 2021