A Popular KFC Item is Coming Back to Mississauga
There’s no need to waffle over whether you should eat this wildly comforting sweet, savoury concoction.
An international phenomenon is making its way back to a fast-food restaurant near you, Mississauga peeps.
KFC’s Double Down - the bun-less, all-chicken sandwich- is returning with a brand-new twist.
A delectable Belgian waffle will be sandwiched between chicken fillets, drizzled in a uniquely Canadian maple aioli sauce.
“The Double Down is our most talked about and demanded menu item in Canada, so we wanted to do something special exclusively for Canadian fans,” said KFC’s chief marketing officer Samantha Redman.
“We know fans have been craving chicken and waffles on our menu, and we’re happy to provide this unique take on the trendy food pairing. The maple aioli sauce is a sweet nod to KFC’s Canadian fans.”
The Double Down has proven immensely popular with Canadians every time it comes back.
It debuted in 2010, becoming KFC Canada’s best-selling new menu item ever, selling more than 350,000 sandwiches in its first 10 days.
The Waffle Double Down joins the Zinger Double Down as a variation on the classic recipe.
It’ll be available as of March 26 — for a limited time.
Photo courtesy of KFC Canada
- Ontario Residents Warned to Avoid Certain Types of Lettuce Following Illness Outbreak
- These Organizations Don’t Pay Any Property Tax in Mississauga
- Mississauga Set to Welcome $40 Million Park
- 14-Year-Old Arrested After Threat Made Against Mississauga High School
- Toronto Premium Outlets’ First Full-Service Restaurant Has Arrived
- A Very Unique New Menu Item Has Finally Launched at a Popular Coffee Shop in Canada
- Tim Hortons is Launching a Unique Item for a Limited Time
- A Popular McDonald's Item is Coming Back to Mississauga and Beyond
- Popular Southern African Chicken Hotspot Opens Brand New Restaurant in Mississauga
- Popular Poutine Joint Releases Interesting New Menu Item in Mississauga