A Police Station is Set to Close Down in Mississauga
A police station in Mississauga is about to close.
Peel police recently confirmed that, following an extensive review of the productivity of its community stations by its Operational Planning & Resources Bureau, the Malton Community Station will be closed.
"The review determined that our community would be better served by closing the Malton Community Station located at 7205 Goreway Drive and redeploying the assigned personnel to assist with this increasing pressures," Peel Regional Police said in a statement.
Police say this will not reduce officer presence in the city.
"Peel Regional Police is always looking for ways to improve our service delivery to the Region of Peel while keeping in line with our 2017-2019 Strategic Plan," the statement said. "Community Safety is our top priority and we are always looking for ways to increase the number of officers on the road to address the increasing calls for service."
Although the community station is closing, a police sub-office designed for officers to use during their shift will remain at the existing location.
Police say the closure will not affect services provided by the operational divisions. 21 Division, located at 10 Peel Centre Drive in Brampton is open 24 hours a day.
Residents are encouraged to report non-emergency incidents online.
- Community Police Station Officially Closing in Mississauga
- Peel police closing some stations and suspending select services due to coronavirus outbreak
- Opening of new Mississauga police station delayed due to COVID-19 outbreak
- A new police station is now open in Mississauga
- Here’s when a new police station will be opening in Mississauga
- Top 5 bakeries in Mississauga in 2021
- Cancel travel plans, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau urges Canadians
- Police investigate after shots fired at car in west Mississauga
- Employee at a McDonald’s in Mississauga tested positive for COVID-19
- New COVID cases in Peel Region follow provincial trend for daily numbers