A Peel police officer has been charged with sexual assault
A Peel Regional Police officer who has been with the service for 22 years is facing sexual assault charges.
Peel police say that on Tuesday, Dec. 10, 2019, investigators from the Peel Regional Police Professional Standards Bureau arrested and charged Cst. Daniel McAllister.
In March of 2019, Peel police received a complaint from the Office of the Independent Police Review Director, alleging a sexual assault by the officer. An investigation into the allegations was launched.
As a result of the nine-month investigation, the accused was charged with one count of sexual assault and one count of breach of trust.
"Our members will be held responsible for their actions, as police officers we are held to a higher standard than those who we have been sworn to serve. Every member must understand and appreciate the challenges and the need for transparency with members of our community", said Chief Nishan Durraiappah in a statement.
The accused is scheduled to appear in court on Jan. 6, 2020.
He is currently on suspension and once the criminal court proceedings have been completed, a Police Services Act investigation will follow.
- Amazing Aerial Shots of Mississauga From The 70s
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of stolen tractor-trailer smashing into a gas station and vehicles in Mississauga
- Mississauga residents celebrating group lotto win
- Bonus House of the Week: Iconic and Mysterious Castle House in Mississauga
- Huge winning lottery ticket sold in Mississauga