A no-wait walk-in clinic is now open in Mississauga
With cold and flu season upon is, there's a good chance you'll end up visiting a walk-in clinic in Mississauga to find out if your persistent cough needs a little extra TLC from a doctor (especially if you fall ill outside of your family doctor's hours of operation).
Patients who hate waiting forever to see a doctor for a non-emergency ailment (which is most of us) might be happy to hear that a No Wait Walk-In Clinic is now open in Mississauga.
According to Nowaitwalkin.com, the clinic brings immediate access and total integrated health care together in one model.
How does it work?
According to the organization behind the clinics, you can bypass the wait times of regular walk-in clinics and see one of the company's No Wait Walk-in doctors at select locations within 10 minutes.
The Mississauga clinic is located in the Burnhamthorpe Professional Building at 1420 Burnhamthorpe Rd. E. (Suite 340). The brand also operates clinics in Brampton (40 Finchgate Boulevard), Oakville (2525 Old Bronte Road) and Vaughan (8333 Weston Road).
The Brampton and Mississauga clinics (which were integrated into facilities that already existed) opened in August 2019. The Oakville and Vaughan locations opened in November 2019.
Besides offering no waits, the clinic is also a gateway to telemedicine specialist consultations, which means it allows patients to see a doctor virtually.
A No Wait Walk-in Clinic can schedule a consultation for a patient to see a specialist or another healthcare provider over video. A telemedicine consultation is just like a regular specialists appointment; except the specialist the patient will see and speak with is on a monitor.
As for what services are available at the clinics, the organization says patients can access:
- Family doctors accepting new patients
- Access to medical specialists
- Diabetes, obesity, and cardiovascular care
- Bone, joint, and muscle clinic
- Natural healing, anti-ageing, and disease prevention
- Mental health, anxiety, and stress relief counselling services
- Eyecare, hearing care, and foot care
- Physiotherapy, chiropractic services, and massage Therapy
- Dental, dental hygiene, and denturist services
- X-ray, ultrasound, and lab services
- Access to MRI, CT scan, and other imaging
- Total health care
All No Wait Walk-in locations are exclusive and selected so that total integrated healthcare can be provided on-site as needed.
For more info, click here.
- Exciting Christmas Events are Coming to a Huge Entertainment Facility
- Here's what you need to know about the new regulations for airlines
- Police looking for armed suspects following bank robbery in Mississauga
- Mississauga advising residents to exercise caution with ridesharing services
- Some snow is in the forecast for Mississauga
- New Health Clinic With Shorter Wait Times Open in Mississauga
- Patients at Mississauga dental clinic advised to get tested for hepatitis and HIV
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Woman Demands White Doctor at Mississauga Clinic
- Province Moves Forward on Shorter Patient Wait Times for 2017-2018
- You Can Now Find Wait Times Info Online for Surgeries and Procedures