A New and Very Popular Horror Movie was Filmed in Mississauga
As an integral part of Hollywood North, Mississauga has seen its fair share of popular movies and television shows shot in the city.
Attracting a wealth of star-studded productions over the years, Mississauga is rumoured to be the second most popular film site in Ontario (or perhaps even Canada).
While the city can’t tell us what A-list productions might be heading here for confidentiality reasons, it can tell us which movies and TV shows have shot some scenes in the city.
And, one of the movies is IT: Chapter Two, which was released on September 6.
IT: Chapter Two is the sequel to IT, which is inspired by Stephen King’s novel. The movie follows members of the Losers’ Club after the evil clown Pennywise returns 27 years later to terrorize the town of Derry, Maine, once again.
“The city’s Creative Industries Office reports one scene was filmed on private property off of Hurontario,” says the city in an email to InSauga.
A famous scene from the film was shot at Mississauga’s Mandarin Restaurant, located at 87 Matheson Boulevard east. Mandarin, which is known for its causal chain offering an extensive buffet, will now be known as the joint where the Losers’ Club had their reunion.
The scene shows the childhood friends meeting up as adults long after going their separate ways. The group learns that the shape-shifting Pennywise has returned once again.
Here is a clip from that scene:
Did you recognize the Mississauga restaurant when you watched the film?
Photo courtesy of Press
- These are the movies and TV shows partially filmed in Mississauga
- Here’s a Look at All the Movies and TV Shows That Were Recently Shot in Mississauga
- A look at some movies and TV shows that were recently filmed in Mississauga
- Top 5 Most Popular Movies Filmed in Mississauga
- Top 5 Movies Filmed in Mississauga
- Province says two-way, all-day service in the works for GO Train line that runs through Mississauga
- UPDATE: Cyclist succumbs to injuries after collision in Mississauga
- The Lost Village of Summerville
- Take a Left for Some of the Best Restaurants and Cafés in Mississauga
- A look at one of Mississauga’s best known--and most quaint--neighbourhoods