A mobile COVID-19 testing centre is coming to Mississauga
If you want to get tested for COVID-19 but don't want to wait at a hospital site, you might be happy to hear that you can visit a mobile testing centre in Mississauga this week.
On Friday, June 19, a mobile testing centre will operate at the Meadowvale Community Centre (6655 Glen Erin Dr.) from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
"Our pop-up testing centres will be set-up in the community to test people in high-risk workplaces and other outbreak settings," the Region of Peel's website reads.
"This allows Ontario Health, Region of Peel, Peel Regional Paramedic Services, and hospital partners to reach those who are at highest risk of infection and support existing work at assessment centres."
Mobile testing centres have already cropped up in the region to allow for increased testing in Brampton, Malton and Caledon.
As for who can get tested, the region says that if you have no symptoms but are either a close contact of someone confirmed or suspected to have COVID-19 or work in a high-risk setting, you should come for mobile testing.
If you’re experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, you should visit a hospital-based assessment centre for testing. Assessment centres are located at both of Trillium Health Partner's hospitals (Mississauga Hospital and Credit Valley Hospital) in Mississauga.
Peel Public Health is not an assessment centre and testing is not provided at its offices.
An OHIP card is not required for a test, as it's a free service.
If you are experiencing worrying symptoms and need urgent care, call 911 or visit a hospital emergency department.
To learn more, click here.
- Mobile COVID-19 testing coming to Mississauga this week
- Drive-thru COVID testing centre in Mississauga closes line early due to high demand
- New guidelines make Ontario the most accessible province for COVID-19 testing
- Walk-ins no longer permitted at COVID-19 assessment centres in Mississauga
- Ontario begins appointment-based COVID-19 testing system
- Popular cafe closing down for good in Mississauga
- Rental prices falling as the year winds to a close in Mississauga
- Police investigating robbery at gunpoint in Mississauga
- Today’s data shows Peel Region has returned to having the highest new COVID-19 cases in Ontario
- Almost all illegal guns coming into Mississauga and Brampton are from the U.S.