A mobile COVID-19 testing centre is coming to Mississauga
If you want to get tested for COVID-19 but don't want to wait at a hospital site, you might be happy to hear that you can visit a mobile testing centre in Mississauga this week.
On Friday, June 19, a mobile testing centre will operate at the Meadowvale Community Centre (6655 Glen Erin Dr.) from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
"Our pop-up testing centres will be set-up in the community to test people in high-risk workplaces and other outbreak settings," the Region of Peel's website reads.
"This allows Ontario Health, Region of Peel, Peel Regional Paramedic Services, and hospital partners to reach those who are at highest risk of infection and support existing work at assessment centres."
Mobile testing centres have already cropped up in the region to allow for increased testing in Brampton, Malton and Caledon.
As for who can get tested, the region says that if you have no symptoms but are either a close contact of someone confirmed or suspected to have COVID-19 or work in a high-risk setting, you should come for mobile testing.
If you’re experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, you should visit a hospital-based assessment centre for testing. Assessment centres are located at both of Trillium Health Partner's hospitals (Mississauga Hospital and Credit Valley Hospital) in Mississauga.
Peel Public Health is not an assessment centre and testing is not provided at its offices.
An OHIP card is not required for a test, as it's a free service.
If you are experiencing worrying symptoms and need urgent care, call 911 or visit a hospital emergency department.
To learn more, click here.
- Mobile COVID-19 testing coming to Mississauga this week
- New guidelines make Ontario the most accessible province for COVID-19 testing
- Province to release detailed testing strategy, urges all residents who want a test to get tested
- Ontario set to open first wave of COVID-19 assessment centres
- Ontario mulls regional reopening approach, due to increased testing data
- More parkland is coming to one of Mississauga’s busiest neighbourhoods
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Peel
- Peel District School Board says parents have 10 days to decide whether or not to send their children back to class
- Two suspects sought after carjacking in Mississauga
- Super cute pastry café now open at Square One in Mississauga