A Mississauga retiree is celebrating a big lotto win
A Mississauga man is enjoying a big lotto win.
OLG says that Roy Ford is $50,000 richer after winning with Instant Sonic Multiplier (Game #2190).
OLG says that Ford, a 64-year-old retired public servant, purchased the ticket while waiting to have his car's oil changed.
"I went for a coffee and grabbed this ticket while I waited," he told OLG.
"As I uncovered the ticket, I thought I had won $5, then $50, then $500 until I realized I won $50,000! I used the OLG Lottery App on my phone to double-check. After that, I took the ticket to a retailer and used the Ticket Checker to triple check, and that's when I started to believe it was real."
Ford told OLG that he feels like he picked the right day to have his oil changed.
"If I had done it the day before or the day after, this might not have happened," he said.
OLG says that while Ford doesn't have plans for his winnings yet, he plans to take it all in stride.
"It's still not the best time for a vacation so I'll save this until we see what's around the corner with this global pandemic," he said.
"I'm a very calm person and this is a wonderful life experience - all I know is that I am going home with $50,000."
The winning ticket was purchased at Woodchester Convenience on Dundas Street in Mississauga.
OLG is now accepting in-person prize claims by-appointment-only for customers with prizes of $1,000 or more who wish to claim at the OLG Prize Centre.
- She picked up a ticket on a whim and won a big lotto prize in Mississauga
- Massive Winning Lotto Prize Ticket Sold in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Claims Winning Lottery Ticket Just Days Before It Expires
- Mississauga man wins big on instant ticket as he scanned his ticket 5 times
- Massive Jackpot Winning Lotto Ticket Sold in Mississauga
- Drugs found at kids playland, 19 from Brampton busted as international trafficking ring smashed, police release all names
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- Police on scene in Brampton after man found with serious injuries, sources say gunplay suspected
- Here's where the new Automated Speed Enforcement cameras are in Mississauga
- Still no answer from feds as 14 flights land at Mississauga's Pearson Airport with COVID-19