A Mississauga Man is Celebrating a Huge Lotto Win
A very lucky Mississauga man is having a great winter.
OLG recently announced that Derek Moseley took a spin on The Big Spin Wheel at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto to win $250,000.
"I've been playing Lotto 6/49 and Lotto Max for years and I also enjoy playing Instant tickets," Moseley, a father of six and grandfather of 11, told OLG.
"I was drawn to The Big Spin because I found the design of the ticket very attractive."
OLG says the 82-year-old retired building superintendent scratched his ticket and then checked it on the self-scanner.
"I brought it to the retailer to watch my 'SPIN' and when it landed on 'BIG SPIN' I was surprised and elated."
As for what he intends to do with his windfall, Moseley told OLG he plans to pay off some bills, help his family and travel with his wife.
"We're thinking about visiting my sister-in-law in Windsor, taking a train tour of western Canada and travelling to Arizona to see family. This win gives us a lot of freedom to enjoy our retirement."
The Big Spin Instant game is a $5 game that combines scratch play with prizes revealed in-store by an animated spinning wheel on the lottery terminal screen and potentially, an in-person spin on The Big Spin Wheel at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto.
The winning ticket was purchased at Meadowvale Ticket Centre on Meadowvale Town Centre Circle in Mississauga.
- Mississauga Resident Takes Home Huge Win in Brand New Lotto Game
- Woman now celebrating big lotto win in Mississauga
- Here's how to win a lot of money playing spin the bottle in Mississauga
- Man celebrating enormous multi-million jackpot lotto win in Mississauga
- Mississauga Resident Wins Big Lotto Prize
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: World's largest cargo plane lands at Pearson Airport with medical supplies
- PHOTOS: Massive $50,000,000 mansion with gold-lining is for sale in Mississauga
- Newly-released data indicates that Mississauga is a hotspot for COVID-19
- House of the Week: $2 mil home with gorgeous, upgraded interior
- Peel releases map data showing COVID-19 cases and hotspots