A Mississauga-Based School Has Made it Onto an Exciting List
Do you go to school in Mississauga?
If so, your academic institution has been recognized.
Sheridan College has made it onto a very exciting, and honourable, list.
According to a recent press release, Sheridan College currently ranks in the top five research colleges in the country, according to the annual ranking of Canada’s Top 50 Research Colleges that was recently released by Research Infosource Inc.
Along with this achievement, Sheridan College, which has campuses in Oakville, Mississauga, and Brampton, has maintained its first overall ranking of completed research projects with a total of 180 projects, while remaining as a top-five institute in a few different categories.
The categories include research partnerships, paid student researchers, industry research income and industry research intensity.
“We’re thrilled to be recognized - once again - as a research leader in Canada,” Janet Morrison, President and Vice Chancellor of Sheridan College, said in a recent press release.
“At Sheridan, research is part of our institutional fabric. It enables us to imagine and incubate great, big audacious ideas. Independently and collectively, our faculty-led projects drive academic quality, economic development, social innovation, and entrepreneurship. By deliberately involving students, our projects also offer highly compelling, hands-on experiences that position learners for success in today’s knowledge economy.”
Many of the projects highlighted in this year’s ranking were led by one of Sheridan’s five Research Centres and Entrepreneurial Hub which include the Centre for Elder Research, Screen Industries Research and Training Centre (SIRT), Centre for Advanced Manufacturing and Design Technologies (CAMDT), Centre for Mobile Innovation (CMI), Canadian Music Theatre Project (CMTP), and the EDGE Entrepreneurship Hub (EDGE).
“Our ranking in this year’s list recognizes Sheridan’s commitment to research excellence, and reflects the achievements of our faculty, staff and students,” Andrea England, Vice Provost, Research, said in a recent press release.
“We’re immensely proud of our unique research culture, the meaningful experiences it provides for our students, and the exceptional value we deliver to partner organizations.”
- Sheridan College Receives Major Investment From Canadian Government
- Sheridan College Recently Ranked Number One on an Exciting List
- Sheridan College awarded grant to further work in animation
- Sheridan College in Mississauga (and Beyond) Gets Massive Grant
- Feds to fund urgent research into new coronavirus, including social impacts
- Arrest made after man allegedly tied used condoms to cars in Mississauga
- Federal wage subsidy to be extended to December, Trudeau says
- Police respond to person in distress in Mississauga
- Mississauga woman celebrating Lotto win
- Some regions moving into Stage 3 as Ontario continues its path to economic recovery