A Man and Teen From Mississauga Arrested in Connection with Pistol Whipping and Stabbing Incident
A man and teenage boy from Mississauga are facing charges in connection with a brazen daylight robbery and aggravated assault incident in Toronto that left a teenager with serious injuries.
Toronto police report that on Sunday, July 29 at approximately 2:45 p.m., three 17-year-old boys were walking in George Ben Park in the Ossington Ave. and Roxton Road area (near Toronto's Little Italy neighbourhood) when they were attacked.
Police say the three boys were accosted by a group of males who exited a stolen red Dodge Caravan with a wheelchair ramp at the rear. Officers say the accused approached the boys and demanded the clothing they had just purchased at a nearby store before becoming violent.
One of the victims sustained serious injuries after he was pistol whipped and stabbed. After the attack, the suspects returned to the vehicle and fled northbound on Ossington Avenue. Police say the suspects were unable to obtain any of the boys’ property.
Police say that investigators have identified and arrested six people in connection with the incident, including a 16-year-old Mississauga boy and 18-year-old Mississauga man Omari Clarke. The Mississauga teen was arrested on Monday, Aug. 14 and charged with three counts of robbery with an offensive weapon, aggravated assault and failure to comply with disposition. Clarke was also arrested on Aug. 14 and is facing identical charges.
Both males have since appeared in court.
Police also arrested and charged a 16-year-old Toronto boy, 14-year-old Toronto boy, a 17-year-old Oshawa boy and another 14-year-old Toronto boy.
- Two Mississauga Men Arrested in Connection With Bank Robbery
- Mississauga Man and Teen Arrested in Connection with Toronto Robberies
- 13-year-old Mississauga boy charged following violent bank robbery
- Mississauga Man Facing Charges in Connection with Shooting Incident
- Mississauga Teens Arrested in Connection with Robbery Incidents
- Two Mississauga men enjoying big lotto wins
- Employee at Mississauga shopping centre tests positive for COVID-19
- These are the pharmacies offering COVID-19 tests in Mississauga
- Police investigating jewelry store robbery in Mississauga
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 24