A Major Police Blitz is Hitting Mississauga This Weekend
If you have big St. Patrick’s Day plans this weekend, you should be aware that R.I.D.E. will be out in full force (not that you would drink and drive, anyways!).
Peel police recently announced that Reducing Impaired Driving Everywhere (R.I.D.E.) checks will be conducted by Road Safety Services and uniform patrol over the St. Paddy’s Day weekend, which is indeed this weekend.
Police advise that residents drink responsibly and take an alternate mode of transportation (such as a taxi or bus) if they cannot safely operate a vehicle. Police also advise anyone drinking this weekend to pick a DD and ensure he or she doesn’t slip and drink too much (and if he or she does, they recommend calling a cab).
It’s true that impaired driving is one of the leading causes of criminal death in Canada, according to police.
Anyone who sees an impaired driver is advised to call police as soon as they can do so safely.
Stay safe and have a great St. Paddy’s weekend, everyone!
This past weekend officers from Road Safety Services conducted ride spot checks. Officers from Road Safety Services as well as uniform patrol will be conducting pot checks throughout the region during the St. Patty's Day Weekend. #dontdrinkanddrive #ArriveAlive pic.twitter.com/tlnlWi3j0J— Peel Regional Police (@PeelPoliceMedia) March 12, 2018
- BREAKING: Fried Chicken Festival Changing Location in Mississauga
- New Mississauga Location for Fried Chicken Festival Revealed
- Mississauga Set to Consider Ambitious Multi-Million Dollar Climate Change Plan
- Justin Trudeau Pledges to Ban Assault Weapons Following Mass Shooting in Mississauga
- Mississauga Fifth Most Expensive City for Rentals in Canada