A Major Festival is Starting at Dixie Outlet Mall in Mississauga Soon
If you regularly shop at Dixie Outlet Mall in Mississauga—and we know a lot of you do—you might be happy to hear that the shopping centre is about to take part in one of the city's signature festivals.
This year, Dixie Outlet Mall is kicking off this year's Carassauga festival - Canada’s largest multicultural event - with a free, inclusive and interactive parade complete with cultural performances and arts and crafts.
The event, which will be free to attend, will be hosted in the Dixie Living Room.
You can see a map of the parade route below:
Dixie Outlet Mall says the multicultural (26.2 per cent of Mississauga residents speak a non-official language at home) experience is designed to educate and inspire the local community to learn more about other countries and celebrate our differences.
While the kick-off celebration will take place on Saturday, May 4 from 1:00-4:00 p.m., the actual Carassauga Festival won't kick off for a few more weeks.
This year's festival will take place at 12 different locations across the city from May 24-26.
As for how to check out Carassauga, residents—and non-residents—who want to enjoy the festival can purchase a Carassauga passport. The passport includes unlimited entry into all 12 locations during festival weekend, unlimited visits to all the Cultural Pavilions, access to live performances, various foods and kids activities, free ridership on all MiWay buses during festival hours and free ridership on special Carassauga buses connecting to all 12 locations.
Children under 12 can attend the festivities for free.
To find out where to purchase your passport, click here.
A list of festival locations can be found here.
The opening ceremonies will take place on Friday, May 24 from 7:30 pm to 11:00 pm at the Paramount Fine Foods Centre. The opening ceremonies will feature the parade of nations, a flag dance and a performance from headlining act Platinum Blonde.
As far as pavilions go, continents and countries set to be represented at this year's festival include Africa, Canada, China, Colombia, Croatia, Cyprus, Ecuador, Egypt, Greece, Hawaii, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Ireland, Korea, Lebanon, Macedonia, Mexico, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Serbia, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, Ukraine, Venezuela and Vietnam.
For more information, click here.
- Huge Signature Festival Headed for Mississauga
- Halloween movie night coming to Dixie Outlet Mall in Mississauga
- Big Changes Coming to Dixie Outlet Mall in Mississauga
- Dixie Outlet Mall setting up drive-in theatre
- Major Food, Music, Comedy and Entertainment Festival Coming to Celebration Square in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Major road closed in aftermath of fatal crash in Mississauga
- This Mississauga neighbourhood has one of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- ‘You don’t want to fall into that three per cent category’: Ontario ICU doctor on battling COVID-19
- Major road closed due to serious crash in Mississauga
- Environment Canada issues snowfall warning for Mississauga