A Look Inside $1 Million Condos in Mississauga
Although the red-hot housing market has dominated discussions, a recent Bloomberg News article indicates that the wild housing feeding frenzy that saw modest home go for $100,000 or more over asking is dying down.
What's to blame for the slowdown? A few things, most likely—notably the influx of inventory associated with the typical spring market and new government initiatives to cool the market by implementing a 15 per cent foreign buyer's tax.
So while the wild open houses and insane bidding wars might be slowing down, homes are still expensive and some condos—luxurious ones, to be fair—are selling for about $1 million (give or take $100,000 or so).
Here's a look at some pricy units.
For $1,199,000, you can own this 2,500 square foot condo with 10 foot ceilings, attention-grabbing murals, a three-sided fireplace and $90,000 in renovations. The unit will run you about $1,590.70 a month in maintenance fees (wow!), the building offers a pool and bowling lanes.
For $2,999,000, you can live like a king or queen in this boldly palatial unit that looks like it was built for a very ostentatious Roman empress. It's basically your very own Caesar's Palace, but not quite Greek. This penthouse suite offers 10 foot ceilings, two balconies, built-in wall units, wild crown moulding, insane ceilings and a sweet walk-in closet.
This $1,595,000 condo boasts up to 2,400 square feet of space and two bedrooms and three bathrooms. Although the decor is a little…classic, the space is open and airy and the views of the ravine and city skyline are enviable. Oh, and it's got two walk-in closets (you can never have too many walk-in closets).
Since this one is only $959,000, it's a bit of a steal! If you're looking for a classic space in Port Credit, this one+one bedroom and one-and-a-half bathroom unit offers hardwood flooring, crown moulding, granite countertops and a great location in one of the city's most walkable neighbourhoods
If you want something luxurious that's under $900,000, this $849,000 Port Credit condo might be what you're looking for. This two bedroom, two bathroom suite offers great views of Lake Ontario and City Centre and boasts granite countertops and stainless steel appliances. The location is also pretty sweet and there's a gelato cafe in your lobby. Really, what more could you ask for?
- Best Condos to Invest in in City Centre in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: A look at the most and least expensive homes that just changed hands in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: A look at the most (and least) expensive homes that just sold in Mississauga
- 5 City Centre Condos for Rent - July 2015
- What Does $500,000 Get You in Mississauga?
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- Special weather statement in effect for Mississauga and Brampton
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Police responding to male with firearm in Mississauga convenience store
- Ontario ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot