Brampton lottery player tried something new and wins the top prize
A regular Brampton lottery player tried something new and it worked out pretty good.
Giacomo Sestitio won the $100,000 top with the Instant Double Your Money scratch ticket (game #2211).
He chose the ticket because “it looked a little different” and he wanted to try something new.
The 53-year-old said he thought he won as he scratched his ticket, but used the OLG Lottery App to double-check.
"I was amazed...in shock," he said. "It took me a while to realize it was real."
Sestitio said he doesn't have any plans for his win right now, but plans to put some of the money towards his mortgage.
"It feels great," he said. "This win is going to help me a lot."
Instant Double Your Money is available for $5 a play and the top prize is $100,000. Odds of winning any prize are 1 in 4.45.
The winning ticket was purchased at Fortinos on Quarry Edge Dr. in Brampton.
- Mississauga man wins $1 million lottery prize then puts his ticket aside for 30 minutes
- Brampton lottery player waiting for clearance before claiming big prize
- Hamilton steel mill worker wins top prize in an Instant Ticket
- Mississauga Man Claims Winning Lottery Ticket Just Days Before It Expires
- Massive Winning Lotto Prize Ticket Sold in Mississauga
- Police responding to male with firearm in Mississauga convenience store
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- Roadway shut down after pedestrian struck by vehicle, seriously injured in Mississauga
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Ontario ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot