A list of Black-owned businesses in Mississauga
Published June 4, 2020 at 8:49 pm
At a time when protests against anti-Black racism and discrimination are taking place across North America in response to the death of George Floyd and other unarmed Black people who have died in police-involved shootings and other incidents, allies are looking for ways to get involved and show their support.
Allies can do their part by donating to an organization that supports Black and other racialized people or by directly supporting a business owned by a Black member of the community.
Recently, a list of Black-owned businesses in the Greater Toronto Area started making the rounds on Reddit. The list contains dozens of businesses located in Toronto, Peel, York, Durham and even the Hamilton-Niagara areas.
Here’s a look at some Black-owned businesses you can support in Mississauga:
- Anything Hair–online business based out of Mississauga
- Atlas Cargo–6365 Northwest Dr.
- Black Mental Health Canada Inc.–1020 Matheson Blvd. E., Unit 10
- Charlie’s West Indian Food Mart–3057 Hurontario St.
- Dav’s Hotspot Inc.–1365 Mid-Way Blvd.
- Diamond Accounting and Income Tax Solutions – mobile business based out of Mississauga
- EnvironFocus Incorporated (environmental consulting) – 2601 Matheson Blvd. E., Unit 205
- Fruitilicious Cakes Inc.–1365 Mid-Way Blvd., Unit 13
- Get Grill–6815 Airport Rd., Unit C2
- GOOSELAW Immigration Law Firm – 201 City Centre Dr., Suite 200
- The Hungry Gyal – catering business based out of Mississauga
- Inewteck Inc.–6790 Davand Dr., Unit 17
- Jeanies Market and Bakery – 6-3670 Odyssey Drive
- Jerk & BBQ Haven – Authentic Jamaican Food–488 Eglinton Ave. W.
- Kidz Kove Childcare & Playcentre – 4870 Tomken Rd, Unit 3-7
- KIPPIN Accounting, Invoicing and Inventory Software–online business based out of Mississauga
- McKie Rich Productions (production house specializing in video, graphics and photography content)
- McKoy’s Caribbean Fusion–950 Southdown Rd.
- Mr Big’s–3476 Glen Erin Dr.
- No Limits Training–3345 Laird Rd.
- Potluck Restaurant & Caterers–Multiple locations
- Progressive Health and Fitness–225 Traders Blvd. E., Unit 8
- ProTech Write & Edit Inc.–online business based out of Mississauga
- Reggae Fusion Caribbean Restaurant–1087 Meyerside Dr. and 3115 Winston Churchill Blvd.
- Revival Dance Company–165 Matheson Blvd E., Unit 10
- Shandra’s Roti Shop–5030 Maingate Dr.
- SnapBack Tiara–online business based out of Mississauga
- Stavebank Florist – 120 Lakeshore Rd E
- Support & Growth Counselling Services–3660 Hurontario St., Suite 606
- Uplifted Society Inc/UPSO Studios – 5925 Tomken Rd., Unit 9.
- Wandas Caribbean Kitchen – 1842 lakeshore rd W
- We Print What You Want–776 Dundas St, E. Unit 7A
- Xawaash–80 Courtneypark Dr., E., Unit K3
If your business is not on this list, please tell us about your business by emailing [email protected] with the name of your company and a subject line that reads Black-owned business in Mississauga.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising