A Japanese Princess is Coming to Mississauga
Royalty is visiting Mississauga soon!
According to a recent statement from the Consulate-General of Japan in Toronto, Princess Takamado of the Japanese Imperial Family will be visiting Canada this month, stopping by at Mississauga for Japan Festival Canada.
“Her Imperial Highness Princess Takamado will visit Canada from August 23 to September 1, 2019, in order to attend the events to commemorate the 90th anniversary of diplomatic relations between Japan and Canada,” the statement reads.
Princess Takamado is set to visit Toronto, Ottawa, Charlottetown, Edmonton, Vancouver and Victoria.
“During her stay in Toronto (GTA), Her Imperial Highness will attend the Japan Festival Canada (August 24, Mississauga).”
It’s reported that she’ll be attending the event at 1:00 p.m. on August 24.
In case you aren’t in the loop, Japan Festival Canada is a two-day event happening at Celebration Square on August 24 and 25.
Back for its fourth year, the festival celebrates Japanese culture and entertainment, and will boast at least 20 food booths with Japanese cuisine.
As the event is all about Japan (and its diplomatic relations with our country), a visit from Princess Takamado herself definitely makes the festival even more exciting and worth checking out.
Will you be stopping by the festival this year?
- Busy Mississauga library to close for two years for a multi-million-dollar renovation
- GO Train service on Milton, Lakeshore East corridors suspended
- Top 5 Bar Nachos in Mississauga
- Heavy snow warning issued for Mississauga
- Utility company warning Mississauga residents to beware of sophisticated phone scam
- Biggest Japanese Food Festival Happening This Weekend in Mississauga
- Here’s How Many Trendy Food Vendors Will Be at Japan Festival Canada in Mississauga
- Japan Festival Canada bringing exciting Raptors event to Mississauga soon
- Japan Festival Canada bringing unique Raptors event to Mississauga
- PHOTOS & VIDEO: Third Annual Japan Festival Canada Hits Mississauga