A Huge Store is Officially Closing Down in Mississauga
Another brick and mortar retailer is closing up shop in Mississauga.
Back in 2017, Solutions—a brand that calls itself "your organized living store"— moved into the long-vacant Sport Chek location on Rathburn Road near Square One.
The building, which is steps away from Jack Astors, Scaddabush and the now-empty Chapters store (the bookstore has since rebranded as an Indigo and moved into the shopping centre), is about to be empty again.
A Solutions representative says that the store, which has been quite quiet since it opened a little under two years ago, will be closing in the not too distant future.
An official closing date has not been announced.
While those who frequent Solutions for organizational and household goods might be disappointed, shoppers should note that the brand still operates a spacious location in Heartland Town Centre in Mississauga.
As for what will replace the Solutions, that remains to be seen—but we suspect the closure will get more people talking about unconfirmed rumours that the area will, in time, become a major transit hub.
It is true that the area is already home to the City Centre Transit Terminal, but with the LRT coming and the city moving forward on its massively ambitious Downtown 21 plan (which is, in essence, an enormous redevelopment plan for the area that will turn it into a truly urbane downtown core), it would make sense to use the lands to build a shiny new transit terminal in partnership with Metrolinx (which will be building and operating the LRT).
Think of a gorgeous, modern indoor transit station that allows riders to board the LRT, GO and MiWay buses in comfort. Something with food and style and comfortable seating. We know it would work, and we wouldn’t be surprised to see it happen.
All we know for now, however, is that the lands in question are zoned for commercial use.
Will you be missing Solutions in City Centre?
- Major weather statement in effect for Mississauga
- Don Cherry fired from Hockey Night in Canada
- Very controversial, secretive business opens up in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Original News Coverage of the 1979 Mississauga Train Derailment
- 40 YEARS LATER: Canada’s Biggest Evacuation in History Happened in Mississauga
- The Old Sport Chek Location in Mississauga Has Welcomed a Brand New Store
- A Huge Home Goods Store is Closing Down in Mississauga
- 5 Things That Could Replace the Vacant Chapters Near Square One in Mississauga
- City Centre Chapters Officially Closes and Changes Locations
- City Centre Transit Loop Set to Close Soon