A Fried Chicken Festival is Coming to Mississauga
Mississauga is no stranger to either food or festivals, but it looks like an extremely exciting one that will likely to appeal to pretty much each and every resident (barring vegans and vegetarians) is about to kick off in one of the city's newest venues.
The Fried Chicken Fest, a festival that will celebrate all things fried chicken, will hit the Small Arms Inspection Building (Lakeview's newest art and community space) on Sept. 28 and 29.
"Get those stretchy pants ready because a massive fried chicken festival is coming to Toronto from Sept 28th and 29th," festival organizers wrote on the event's official Instagram page.
The Fried Chicken Fest brings together 20 of the most skilled bird bosses under one roof.
Diners can savor twice buttermilk soaked hot sauce Cajun strips, Taiwanese fried chicken stuffed bubble waffle, authentic Nashville hot chicken, Louisiana fried chicken smothered in cheese sauce wrapped in freshly-made waffle cones and so much more.
Organizers say there will be over 40 new menu items to taste.
Attendees who aren’t into chicken can try other dishes, including cheese fries, mac and cheese raclette, rainbow ice cream funnel cakes, roasted corn on the cob, freshly made fruit drinks, hot waffles, churros, blooming onions and much more.
Ontario craft breweries will be serving up some delicious brews to keep the party going all night long alongside live bands and DJs, dance performances, eating competitions, a marketplace, line dancing classes, giant retro games and more.
Best of all, general admission and parking are free.
Limited weekend fast passes will be available for purchase (online only) for just $10 starting Monday, September 9, 2019, which allows line bypass at entry and at all food and drink stations throughout the entire weekend.
The weekend-long event will run from 12:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. on Saturday and from 12:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Sunday.
The event will take place inside and outside.
For more info, click here.
- BREAKING: Fried Chicken Festival Changing Location in Mississauga
- New Mississauga Location for Fried Chicken Festival Revealed
- Trendy, International Fried Chicken Restaurant Coming to Mississauga
- New fried chicken restaurant opens in Mississauga
- International fried chicken chain is opening its first Canadian location in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Boeing 737 Max's very first flight after two deadly crashes takes off from Pearson
- This Mississauga neighbourhood has one of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- Paramedics responding after vehicle crashes into Mississauga residence
- New Jollibee restaurant opens at Square One in Mississauga
- Mississauga woman speechless after massive lottery win