A Fried Chicken Festival is Coming to Mississauga
Mississauga is no stranger to either food or festivals, but it looks like an extremely exciting one that will likely to appeal to pretty much each and every resident (barring vegans and vegetarians) is about to kick off in one of the city's newest venues.
The Fried Chicken Fest, a festival that will celebrate all things fried chicken, will hit the Small Arms Inspection Building (Lakeview's newest art and community space) on Sept. 28 and 29.
"Get those stretchy pants ready because a massive fried chicken festival is coming to Toronto from Sept 28th and 29th," festival organizers wrote on the event's official Instagram page.
The Fried Chicken Fest brings together 20 of the most skilled bird bosses under one roof.
Diners can savor twice buttermilk soaked hot sauce Cajun strips, Taiwanese fried chicken stuffed bubble waffle, authentic Nashville hot chicken, Louisiana fried chicken smothered in cheese sauce wrapped in freshly-made waffle cones and so much more.
Organizers say there will be over 40 new menu items to taste.
Attendees who aren’t into chicken can try other dishes, including cheese fries, mac and cheese raclette, rainbow ice cream funnel cakes, roasted corn on the cob, freshly made fruit drinks, hot waffles, churros, blooming onions and much more.
Ontario craft breweries will be serving up some delicious brews to keep the party going all night long alongside live bands and DJs, dance performances, eating competitions, a marketplace, line dancing classes, giant retro games and more.
Best of all, general admission and parking are free.
Limited weekend fast passes will be available for purchase (online only) for just $10 starting Monday, September 9, 2019, which allows line bypass at entry and at all food and drink stations throughout the entire weekend.
The weekend-long event will run from 12:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. on Saturday and from 12:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Sunday.
The event will take place inside and outside.
For more info, click here.
- BREAKING: Fried Chicken Festival Changing Location in Mississauga
- New Mississauga Location for Fried Chicken Festival Revealed
- New Taiwanese style fried chicken spot is opening in Mississauga
- An iconic fried chicken spot is coming to Mississauga
- Trendy, International Fried Chicken Restaurant Coming to Mississauga
- VIDEO: Canada Post truck rollover leads to major delays on 401 in Mississauga
- VIDEO: Aftermath of double fatal collision in Mississauga
- Brief foot pursuit leads to arrest of Mississauga man after a pair of pharmacy robberies
- $100,000 prize for Brampton winner of Big Brother Canada
- Frost advisory in effect for Mississauga, Brampton, Hamilton and Milton