A Flood Outlook is Currently in Effect for Mississauga
It looks like it's going to be a wet one in Mississauga and surrounding cities today.
As a result, Environment Canada has issued a special weather statement for Mississauga and Brampton.
Showers and thunderstorms will continue to develop over the area this morning, with additional showers and thunderstorms expected late this afternoon.
Locally heavy rainfall accumulations of 20 to 40 mm are also in the forecast for today.
Credit Valley Conservation says that while flooding of the Credit River and its major tributaries is not expected, intense rainfall associated with thunderstorms can cause flash floods in urban areas. As a result, local streams and rivers could become dangerous, especially in the vicinity of culverts, bridges and dams.
The public is advised to stay away from all watercourses, especially children and pets.
CVC says the flood outlook will be in effect through Wednesday, July 17, or until further notice.
- Weather warning in effect for funnel clouds expected in Mississauga
- Police responding to large disturbance after fight breaks out in Mississauga
- Officers searching for male on inflatable tube in river in Mississauga
- Mississauga father celebrating big lotto win
- Armed suspect flees after attempted carjacking in Mississauga