A Flood Outlook is Currently in Effect for Mississauga
It looks like it's going to be a wet one in Mississauga and surrounding cities today.
As a result, Environment Canada has issued a special weather statement for Mississauga and Brampton.
Showers and thunderstorms will continue to develop over the area this morning, with additional showers and thunderstorms expected late this afternoon.
Locally heavy rainfall accumulations of 20 to 40 mm are also in the forecast for today.
Credit Valley Conservation says that while flooding of the Credit River and its major tributaries is not expected, intense rainfall associated with thunderstorms can cause flash floods in urban areas. As a result, local streams and rivers could become dangerous, especially in the vicinity of culverts, bridges and dams.
The public is advised to stay away from all watercourses, especially children and pets.
CVC says the flood outlook will be in effect through Wednesday, July 17, or until further notice.
- Busy Mississauga library to close for two years for a multi-million-dollar renovation
- VIDEO: Man wanted for allegedly yelling racial comments and threats in Mississauga
- New case of coronavirus found in Ontario
- New construction coming to busy road in Mississauga
- Heavy snow warning issued for Mississauga