A Brand New Community Centre is Coming to Mississauga
People who enjoy community centres and all they offer the neighbourhoods they reside in might be very happy to know that another centre is about to break ground in Mississauga.
According to the City of Mississauga, Ward 10 Councillor Sue McFadden is quite excited to get the digging started on the city’s newest community centre on Tuesday, Nov. 14.
“I am so thrilled that we are getting to this stage of the project,” said McFadden. “It’s been a long process with a lot of complex planning issues, but construction is about to begin and that marks a major milestone toward having a much-needed recreation facility here to serve the residents of Ward 10 and beyond.”
Situated on 55-acres of parkland on the western edge of Mississauga at 5320 Ninth Line, the soon-to-be-built Community Centre and Sport Park (also referred to as Future Community Park 459) will boast 65,000 square feet of space.
The city says the community centre will feature a triple-gymnasium, six-lane pool with therapy tank, a teaching kitchen and various other meeting rooms and gathering spaces.
The exterior includes two full-size, lit artificial turf soccer fields - one with a seasonal dome, walking trails, a playground, splash pad, skate park and basketball court.
The city says some of these amenities may be built in phase 2 of construction along with a lit cricket pitch, multi-use field and tennis courts.
“I’ve seen the preliminary designs of the building and this community centre is going to be spectacular,” said McFadden. “The architecture and design has really captured the environment, history and cultural flavour of the area in a beautiful way.”
The groundbreaking ceremony will take place on Nov. 14 in the northern part of the park near Ninth Line at 1:00 p.m.
Parking is available on Tacc Drive, Janice Drive, Arvona Place, all east of Ninth Line.
Residents are asked not to park at Lullaboo Daycare Centre.
For more information, click here.
- $50 million park and community centre coming to Mississauga soon
- Oshawa planning for new community centre for growing north-west
- Changes coming to Burnhamthorpe Community Centre in Mississauga
- A Brampton community centre could have a brand new name soon
- Huge New Condo Community Slated for City Centre Area in Mississauga
- Boy dies after suffering medical episode while playing basketball in Milton
- Mississauga, Brampton services will be affected by new federal holiday in September
- Large Mississauga complex used by Bell sold in billion dollar deal
- You will now be rewarded for licencing your pet in Hamilton
- Mississauga man facing charges after 7-month-old puppy dragged beside car