A Brand New Community Centre is Coming to Mississauga
People who enjoy community centres and all they offer the neighbourhoods they reside in might be very happy to know that another centre is about to break ground in Mississauga.
According to the City of Mississauga, Ward 10 Councillor Sue McFadden is quite excited to get the digging started on the city's newest community centre on Tuesday, Nov. 14.
"I am so thrilled that we are getting to this stage of the project," said McFadden. "It's been a long process with a lot of complex planning issues, but construction is about to begin and that marks a major milestone toward having a much-needed recreation facility here to serve the residents of Ward 10 and beyond."
Situated on 55-acres of parkland on the western edge of Mississauga at 5320 Ninth Line, the soon-to-be-built Community Centre and Sport Park (also referred to as Future Community Park 459) will boast 65,000 square feet of space.
The city says the community centre will feature a triple-gymnasium, six-lane pool with therapy tank, a teaching kitchen and various other meeting rooms and gathering spaces.
The exterior includes two full-size, lit artificial turf soccer fields - one with a seasonal dome, walking trails, a playground, splash pad, skate park and basketball court.
The city says some of these amenities may be built in phase 2 of construction along with a lit cricket pitch, multi-use field and tennis courts.
"I've seen the preliminary designs of the building and this community centre is going to be spectacular," said McFadden. "The architecture and design has really captured the environment, history and cultural flavour of the area in a beautiful way."
The groundbreaking ceremony will take place on Nov. 14 in the northern part of the park near Ninth Line at 1:00 p.m.
Parking is available on Tacc Drive, Janice Drive, Arvona Place, all east of Ninth Line.
Residents are asked not to park at Lullaboo Daycare Centre.
For more information, click here.
- Popular Ikea Product Recalled Following Multiple Deaths
- Police Investigating Overnight Armed Robbery in Mississauga
- Big News About Minimum Wage Legislation in Mississauga and Beyond
- Mississauga Takes Action Against “Disgusting” Insect Infestations in the City
- Vigil for Transgender Victims of Violence Coming to Mississauga
- 8 Things They Can Build on the Ninth Line Lands in Mississauga?
- Huge New Condo Community Slated for City Centre Area in Mississauga
- New Soccer Field Coming to City Centre
- There's a Portable Soccer Pitch in City Centre in Mississauga
- City of Mississauga Asking Residents to Weigh in on Future of Massive Park