82-Year-Old Man Facing Manslaughter Charges After Nursing Home Assault in Mississauga
An 82-year-old man is facing manslaughter charges in connection with an assault that took place inside a long-term care facility in Mississauga.
The incident occurred at the Camilla Care Community on Wednesday, Nov. 2, 2016. At approximately 11:50 a.m., 79-year-old Keith Wood was assaulted by another resident. According to police, the victim was struck and subsequently fell to the ground. He suffered blunt force trauma to his head and was transported to local hospital.
Wood succumbed to his injuries on Nov. 16, 2016.
Both the victim and the suspect, 82-year-old Arnold Kendall, were residents of the facility at the time of the incident.
On Jan. 31, police arrested Kendall in connection with Wood's death. He has been charged with manslaughter and remanded into custody.
Anyone with information concerning this investigation is asked to contact investigators with the Homicide and Missing Person Bureau at 905 453-2121 Ext 3205. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word 'PEEL' and then your tip.
- Police Arrest 19-Year-Old in Connection With Mississauga Shooting Death of Teen
- Mississauga Man Charged With Manslaughter
- Police Identify Mississauga's First Homicide Victim of the Year
- Mississauga Man Facing Charges in Connection with Sexual Assault
- Mississauga Man Facing Charges in Connection with Shooting Incident