Six beaches unsafe for swimming in Ajax, Oshawa, Pickering and north Durham Region
Published August 11, 2022 at 8:21 pm
Swimmers hoping to soak up a bit of the sun this weekend will want to check before taking a dip.
Durham Region has posted six beaches as unsafe for swimming for the week of August 8.
Beaches are posted as unsafe when the levels of E. coli exceed the provincial standard of 200 E. coli per 100 ml of water.
The following beaches, which include both Oshawa beaches and four on Lake Ontario in total, are posted as unsafe for swimming:
- Paradise Beach – Lakeview Blvd. and Paradise Lane, Ajax
- Beaverton South Beach – (Simcoe St. and Harbour Park Cres.), Brock
- Lakeview Beach East (Simcoe St. S. and Lakeview Park Ave.), Oshawa
- Lakeview Beach West (Kluane Ave. and Lakeview Park Ave.), Oshawa
- Frenchman’s Bay West (West Shore Blvd. and Beachpoint Promenade), Pickering
- Kinsmen Beach (Palmer Park – Water St. and Mary St.), Port Perry