55-Year-Old Man Dies After Condo Fire in Mississauga
A 55-year-old Mississauga man has died after sustaining critical injuries in a fire in his condo unit.
On Wednesday, Jan. 11, Mississauga Fire and Peel police were called to an active fire in an apartment located at 620 Lolita Gardens.
Mississauga Fire found a male victim inside the residence and he was transported to local hospital in critical condition. On Friday, Jan. 13, the victim, Frederick Staines, succumbed to his injuries in hospital.
Staines was the lone occupant of the unit.
Peel police told insauga.com that the fire started in the kitchen and was the result of a pot being left on the stove. Investigators have ruled the incident an accident and do not believe there was any criminal intent behind the tragic occurrence.
The fire did not spread beyond Staines' unit and residents are able to occupy their suites as usual.
No other injuries have been reported in connection with the incident and the investigation is considered closed.
- Police searching for suspect of sexual assault and robbery in Mississauga
- CLOSURE: Two Pakistani restaurants closed for health violations in Mississauga
- Very Exciting Event Coming to Massive Entertainment Facility
- World premiere of huge attraction coming to Square One in Mississauga
- Canadian government warning residents to beware of convincing new SIN scam