55-Year-Old Man Dies After Condo Fire in Mississauga
A 55-year-old Mississauga man has died after sustaining critical injuries in a fire in his condo unit.
On Wednesday, Jan. 11, Mississauga Fire and Peel police were called to an active fire in an apartment located at 620 Lolita Gardens.
Mississauga Fire found a male victim inside the residence and he was transported to local hospital in critical condition. On Friday, Jan. 13, the victim, Frederick Staines, succumbed to his injuries in hospital.
Staines was the lone occupant of the unit.
Peel police told insauga.com that the fire started in the kitchen and was the result of a pot being left on the stove. Investigators have ruled the incident an accident and do not believe there was any criminal intent behind the tragic occurrence.
The fire did not spread beyond Staines' unit and residents are able to occupy their suites as usual.
No other injuries have been reported in connection with the incident and the investigation is considered closed.
- PHOTOS: A Look at the Glitziest Houses in Mississauga
- Police Release List of Complaints Made to 911 Regarding Amber Alert for Murdered 11 Year Old Girl
- When You Do (and Don't) Have to Talk to Police in Mississauga
- Here’s How Much Canadian Home Sales Recently Dropped by
- UPDATE: Police Release Photos of Armed Kidnapping Suspects