511 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,360 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
The province says that 511 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 1,100 residents have died of the virus.
Models recently released by the province also suggested that Ontario has reached its peak in the pandemic.
As of May 2, Ontario is reporting 17,119 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 1,176 people have died of the disease, while another 11,390 cases have been resolved.
The province says 977 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 221 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 154 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 310,359 people have been tested for the virus and 12,829 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 16,305 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health’s COVID-19 website (which was updated on May 2), 2,574 people have been diagnosed in the region and 124 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 93 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Thirty deaths have been reported in Brampton and one death has been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel’s website, 141 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 245 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 2,329 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 70 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 23 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 463 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 1,141 cases in Brampton, 68 in Caledon and 1,360 in Mississauga.
Five cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
- 370 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,433 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 421 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,330 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 387 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,444 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 459 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,301 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 434 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,394 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- Elementary school classes set to be reorganized in Mississauga
- City issuing big tickets at private gatherings in Mississauga this weekend
- OPINION: Mississauga anti-maskers event doing more harm than good
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of September 14 to 19
- Deceased male located near creek in Mississauga