5 Under the Radar Shawarma Joints in Mississauga
Ah, the hidden shawarma spots around Mississauga with more signs about add-ons (50 cents for extra garlic sauce, hummus, tahini or tabouli) than the shawarma itself. That said, these shawarmas are actually really good and worth the extra 50 cents for some pickles on the side.
5 - Shawarma Hut
Located in the northern part of Streetsville at Britannia and Mississauga Road is a place called Shawarma Hut. There are about 16 seats, so you can dine-in here, even though it primarily caters to the takeout crowd. Take it from me: just order the chicken shawarma sandwich and skip the fancier menu items that are plastered to the freezer window. The sandwich is very flavourful.
4 - Alf Hana
Located in the sea of stores and restaurants at Meadowvale Town Centre is a place called Alf Hana Shawarma Hut. They have everything from kebbeh (a Lebanese dish comprised of minced ground beef mixed with pine nuts in a wheat shell) to chicken shawarma sandwiches. These big boys are delicious and the sauces are very flavourful.
3 - Wrap a Bite
Located in the city's retro Central Parkway Mall is a place called Wrap a Bite. Looking at it from the outside, you wouldn't think much of it due to the poor signage. Thankfully, we don't judge places based on signs. This place is definitely a takeout joint, as there are only a couple of seats. Fun fact: this place appears to make its own sauces. Once I got my shawarma, I was pleasantly surprised at how flavourful the wrap was. The chicken was also cooked very well.
2 - Top Grill Shawarma
Located in the south west corner of Mississauga in the same plaza as legendary pizza place Mickey’s Pizza is Top Grill Shawarma. The reliably tasty shawarma joint is a mainstay in the Clarkson area and for good reason—this ever popular middle eastern restaurant has a bunch of shawarmas to choose from. Some varieties diners can sink their teeth into? Chicken, beef, falafel, chicken/beef souvlaki and kebab. The shawarma is also very generously sized, so be sure to come hungry—a shawarma is a terrible thing to waste.
1 - Safari Shawarma
I went here last year and didn't think much about it at the time, so I'm glad I decided to give it another chance. This shawarma joint is located at Mavis and Central parkway in the T&T plaza. The service was prompt and friendly and the shawarma sandwiches were incredibly flavourful. The wraps were made to order, so the meat was carved right from the spit and put directly on the sandwich. They offer some great deals as well, as I got two wraps for $10! I later found out that they changed ownership, hence the change the taste!
- Brand New Shawarma Restaurant Finally Coming to Shawarma Free Neighbourhood in Mississauga
- International Shawarma Joint Opens First Canadian Location in Mississauga
- Top 5 Shawarma Joints in Mississauga
- Top 5 Shawarma Joints in Mississauga - 2015
- Popular Shawarma Joints Opens Up Another Location in Mississauga
- Employees at two pharmacies and a grocery store in Mississauga have tested positive for COVID-19
- Police looking for 54 year old man last seen in Mississauga
- BREAKING: Changes coming to COVID-19 screening in Mississauga schools
- Utility companies warning of a scam threatening to leave Ontarians powerless and cold
- Peel police investigating after religious scriptures destroyed at Sikh temple