5 swanky homes that recently sold in Mississauga
Although some expected the COVID-19 pandemic to adversely affect the housing market (and in many ways, it has worsened conditions for some buyers), the crisis has done little to drive prices down in Mississauga.
In fact, prices—though down a bit month-over-month—are higher than they were in 2019.
According to real estate brokerage and website Zoocasa, the average home price in Mississauga grew 5 per cent year-over-year to $796,577 but declined 4 per cent compared to April. The average home price in the region in May was 10 per cent lower than in February 2020, before COVID-19 measures were introduced.
Zoocasa says detached and semi-detached average house prices also grew annually by 2 per cent and 8 per cent to $1,118,835 and $795,856 respectively. In the condominium segment, the condo townhouse average price grew 7 per cent year-over-year to $631,185 and condo apartment average price increased 4 per cent to $498,640.
Since prices are stubbornly high, it's not surprising that some pretty magnificent properties changed hands in May.
Here's a look at some of the swankiest homes that recently sold in Mississauga:
This Gordon Woods home sold for $3,305,000 after being listed for $3,649,000. The house boasts five bedrooms, seven bathrooms, 20 parking spaces and over 5,000 square feet of space on the ground floor. It also features a master retreat with a private courtyard and outdoor shower, an enclosed porch with a hot tub and more.
This prestigious estate home sold for $2,700,000 after being listed for $2,799,888. The six-bedroom, six-bathroom, 10-parking spot home boasts a backyard retreat, a bright kitchen and a potential nanny suite.
This Kingsway-style home sold for $2,600,786 after being listed for $2,495,000. The home boasts six bedrooms, five bathrooms, and 14 parking spaces. It also features a premium ravine lot and a great room with a cathedral ceiling.
This custom-built home sold for $2,568,500 after being listed for $2,699,000. The home features four bedrooms, five bathrooms, approximately 5,000 square feet of space and six parking spaces. It also boasts a grand entrance with high ceilings.
This custom-built home sold for $2,375,000 after being listed for $2,475,000. The house features four bedrooms, four bathrooms, up to 5,000 square feet of space and six parking spots. It also boasts a master retreat with a fireplace and sitting area.
- PHOTOS: The least (and most) expensive homes that recently sold in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: A look at the least (and most) expensive homes that just sold in Mississauga
- Detached home prices up 25 per cent in just one year in Mississauga
- Brampton detached home prices climb more than 30 per cent in one year
- Home prices up over 20 per cent in a year in Mississauga: report
- Male pronounced dead at scene after drowning in Brampton
- PICK A SIDE: When should masks no longer be mandatory in Ontario?
- Special weather statement: Heavy rainfall in Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton
- Popular breakfast and lunch restaurant opening new location in Mississauga
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising