5 people face stunt driving charges in one night in Brampton
Published April 25, 2023 at 8:01 am
Police clocked five vehicles travelling well above the speed limit in Brampton.
Five drivers were nabbed in different areas of Brampton last night (April 24), Peel Regional Police said in a tweet.
The stunt driving charges include:
- a 26-year-old clocked going 122 km/hr in a 70 km/hr zone at Mississauga Road and Williams Parkway
- a 19-year-old travelling 129 km/hr in a 70 km/hr zone at Mississauga Road and Williams Parkway
- a 20-year-old driving 148 km/hr in an 80 km/hr zone at Queen Street and McVean Drive
- a 21-year-old clocked at 131 km/hr in an 80 km/hr zone at Queen Street and McVean Drive
- a 21-year-old driving 136 km/hr in an 80 km/hr zone at Steeles Avenue and Finch Avenue
The vehicles were impounded for 14 days and the drivers received 30-day driver’s license suspensions.
The penalties for stunt driving include the possibility of arrest and a mandatory court date with a fine from $2,000 to $10,000.
Anyone with information concerning driving-related offences within the Region of Peel can contact police at (905) 453-3311 or submit an online complaint through the Peel Regional Police.
If driving-related violations are observed on a 400 series highway, motorists can call *677 (*OPP) to report the incident to the Ontario Provincial Police.
Anonymous information may be submitted by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or by visiting peelcrimestoppers.ca.
insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising
Stunt driving in #Brampton last night:
26-yr-old 122/70 Mississauga Rd/Williams
19-yr-old 129/70 Mississauga Rd/Williams
20-yr-old 148/80 Queen/McVean
21-yr-old 131/80 Queen/McVean
21-yr-old 136/80 Steeles/Finch
14-day impoundments and 30-day DL Suspensions. #DriveSafe pic.twitter.com/uSt87zVjKG
— Peel Regional Police (@PeelPolice) April 25, 2023