5 Drake Mississauga Connections
He may be from Toronto, but Drake has quickly risen to become a worldwide sensation throughout his rap career. With that said, how many connections does the famous artist have with our city of Mississauga? More than you might think! Let's check out five of them.
5. He has recorded at Metalworks Studios
Drake visited the Metalworks music studio, located on Mavis Road, to record his 2013 album "Nothing Was the Same." The album includes hit singles such as "Started from the Bottom" and "Hold On, We're Going Home."
4. He has eaten sandwiches from On A Bun
Looks like not even Drake can resist the taste of a delicious Italian sandwich. He has been seen in the past grabbing something to eat from On A Bun in Mississauga.
3. He has worked out at a Mississauga gym
It's no big secret that Drake works out his body as well as his vocal chords, but did you know that he's done some of his working out in Mississauga? In fact, he used to work out at the same gym (Habitual Fitness) as insauga's very own Khaled (as seen above).
2. He has connections with PartyNextDoor, who is from Mississauga
PartyNextDoor is a Canadian rapper who we've written about recently. The Mississauga-based hip hop artist is signed with OVO Sound, a record label that Drake founded in 2012. I'm sure PartyNextDoor has shown Drake some parts of Sauga!
1. He has rented out Scooter's before
You may be surprised to hear that Drake is actually quite fond of roller skating. Not only has he visited Scooter's Roller Palace in the past, he even rented out the entire facility!
Are you aware of any other important connections Drake has with our fair city? Feel free to share them!
- VIDEOS AND PHOTOS: Massive Fire Causes Chaos in Mississauga
- VIDEO: Businesses Evacuated After Fire Breaks Out in Mississauga
- Mississauga Family Seeking Help After Grandmother Suffers a Stroke While on Vacation
- Biggest Japanese Food Festival Happening This Weekend in Mississauga
- Peel Police Investigating Collision In Mississauga