5 Crazy Dishes You Will See at the Junk Food Festival in Mississauga
This weekend, Mississauga will be home to the brand spankin' new Junk Food Festival. The gluttonous celebration of naughty foodstuffs will run from September 16-18 and take place at Square One (151 City Centre Drive, if you’re interested in coming in from out of town and want to Google map it).
Philip Suos, the founder and festival director of Toronto’s Mac and Cheese Festival, is the man behind the comfort food-oriented event.
“I'm launching a new food festival called Junk Food Festival, essentially a big food competition with bold new mash-ups reinventing North America's comfort food,” said Suos in an email to insauga.com.
The food is going to be absolutely crazy and the event is fully licensed, so you can enjoy a drink or two with your wild dish.
"The Junk Food Festival will feature tons of crazy delicious mash-ups ranging from a big sMACk smash bag (Doritos loaded up with flavourful ground beef, lettuce, onion, pickles and a special sauce by Junked Food Co.) to Cheat Chicken Nuggets (packed with seasoning, herbs and Cheetos and battered with crumbled Cheetos and garnished with jalapeno cream by The Wilcox Gastropub)" says Suos. "[There will also be] crispy juicy fried chicken, crunchy tater tots, and tender rice cakes topped with a sweet and spicy Korean miso sauce with a drizzle of honey mustard by Hangry Chicken. Hangry Chicken was the winner of the Toronto’s event."
Here are five dishes you can expect to chow down on at the upcoming event!
5) Eat My Bowls Yorkshire Pudding Bowls
This savory treat boasts a tender Yorkshire pudding bowl filled with slices of roast beef, gravy and horseradish cream.
4) Penthouse Catering's Kangaroo Gnocchi
This fun dish offers diners a solid helping of potato gnocchi and tops it off with kangaroo meat, rich sauce and green onion.
3) Funnel Cake Express Funnel Cake
An oldie but a goodie. No junk food festival is complete without some solid funnel cake options and this traditional pastry dish with chocolate, icing sugar and ice cream hits the spot.
2) Fully Loaded T.O. Chicken and Waffle Cone
The ultimate southern delicacy that's hearty, decadent, filling and fun. This time, Fully Loaded T.O. is making things more interesting by serving it in a cone.
1) Junked Food Inc. Glow in the Dark Ice Cream
The name says it all -- it's soft-serve ice cream that glows in the dark. Hopefully it'll help guide you to your car at night when your vision is blurry from all the decadent food you put in your body.
For more info, click here.
- Massive Junk Food Festival Coming to Mississauga
- Unique New Food Festival Coming to Mississauga For First Time Ever
- Huge Night Market and Food Festival Coming to Mississauga This Weekend
- Thousands Expected at Major Food Festival in Mississauga This Weekend
- A Fried Chicken Festival is Coming to Mississauga
- McDonald’s showing appreciation for Canadian teachers
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Mississauga with reported COVID-19 cases – September 29
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 29
- Three women injured in Mississauga apartment attack
- Amber alert called off as girls found safe