459 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,301 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
The province says that 459 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 1,000 residents have died of the virus.
Models recently released by the province also suggested that Ontario has reached its peak in the pandemic.
As of 10:30 am on April 30, Ontario is reporting 16,187 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 1,082 people have died of the disease, while another 10,205 cases have resolved.
The province says 999 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 233 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 181 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 277,522 people have been tested for the virus and 11,859 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 12,928 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:25 pm on April 30), 2,456 people have been diagnosed in the region and 106 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 78 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Twenty-seven deaths have been reported in Brampton and one death has been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel's website, 151 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 272 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 2,184 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 53 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 22 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 434 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 1,083 cases in Brampton, 67 in Caledon and 1,301 in Mississauga.
Five cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- 421 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,330 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 370 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,433 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 387 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,444 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 434 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,394 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 511 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,360 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- Mississauga man murdered at Wasaga Beach, Brampton man one of two charged
- VIDEO: Aftermath of multi-vehicle crash involving Mississauga Transit bus sends four to hospital
- Oakville driver stabbed in face, Mississauga man now charged
- Mississauga firefighters dealing with blaze at Petro Canada refinery
- Brampton councillor ordered to pay court costs after losing case against city