455 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,352 total cases found in Mississauga
The province says that 455 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 2,400 residents have died of the virus, with 1,549 deaths occurring in long-term care homes.
Five staff members in long-term care homes have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on June 6, Ontario is reporting 30,202 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 2,407 people have died of the disease, while 23,947 cases have been resolved.
The province says 673 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 117 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 97 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 832,158 tests for the virus have been completed and 12,384 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 23,105 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health’s COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:00 pm on June 6), 5,139 people have been diagnosed in the region and 281 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 204 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Seventy-five have been reported in Brampton and two deaths have been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel’s website, 256 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 3,929 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 929 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 179 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 35 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 615 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 2,645 cases in Brampton, 140 in Caledon and 2,352 in Mississauga.
Two cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
Note: A correction was issued to the number of new cases reported in Ontario. We apologize for the error.
- 356 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,306 total cases found in Mississauga
- 446 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,243 total cases found in Mississauga
- 344 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,343 total cases found in Mississauga
- 404 new COVID-19 cases being reported in Ontario, 2,211 total cases found in Mississauga
- 383 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,096 total cases found in Mississauga
- Ontario asking feds to ensure that Mississauga and Ontario residents with mixed doses can travel abroad
- Metrolinx expanding GO train service in Hamilton
- One year old girl pulled from backyard pool without vital signs in Burlington
- Arrest follows armed robbery of retail location in Brampton earlier this month
- Oldest theatre in Mississauga is closing permanently