446 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,243 total cases found in Mississauga
The province says that 446 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 2,200 residents have died of the virus, with 1,465 deaths occurring in long-term care homes.
Five staff members in long-term care homes have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on June 2, Ontario is reporting 28,709 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 2,293 people have died of the disease, while another 22,484 cases have resolved.
The province says 801 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 125 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 87 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 747,964 tests for the virus have been completed and 10,622 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 15,244 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:01 pm on June 2), 4,875 people have been diagnosed in the region and 278 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 202 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Seventy-four have been reported in Brampton and two deaths have been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel's website, 234 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 3,599 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 998 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 178 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 32 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 616 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 2,496 cases in Brampton, 131 in Caledon and 2,243 in Mississauga.
Five cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- 404 new COVID-19 cases being reported in Ontario, 2,211 total cases found in Mississauga
- 356 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,306 total cases found in Mississauga
- 344 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,343 total cases found in Mississauga
- 292 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,056 total cases found in Mississauga
- 383 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,096 total cases found in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Anti-masker's racist rant in Mississauga grocery store
- Trendy new ice cream hotspot now open in Streetsville in Mississauga
- Toy store with locations in Mississauga files for bankruptcy
- Restaurant in Square One in Mississauga appears to have closed down for good
- Mississauga passes mandatory mask bylaw