428 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,757 total cases found in Mississauga
The province says that 428 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 1,800 residents have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on May 15, Ontario is reporting 21,922 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 1,825 people have died of the disease, while another 16,641 cases have resolved.
The province says 986 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 179 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 135 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 510,841 tests for the virus have been completed and 14,373 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 18,354 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:48 pm on May 15), 3,408 people have been diagnosed in the region and 224 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 165 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Fifty-eight deaths have been reported in Brampton and one death has been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel's website, 187 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 2,435 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 749 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 138 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 27 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 567 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 1,557 cases in Brampton, 88 in Caledon and 1,757 in Mississauga.
Six cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- 258 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,723 total cases found in Mississauga
- 308 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,637 total cases found in Mississauga
- 427 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,864 total cases found in Mississauga
- 329 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,694 total cases found in Mississauga
- 361 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,669 total cases found in Mississauga
- Male hospitalized following stabbing in Mississauga
- Ontario reports seventh straight day of fewer than 100 new cases of COVID-19
- PHOTOS: Intersection gets a fun makeover in Mississauga
- "The 4 Sisters” and Their Demolition!
- One arrested, two suspects sought for carjacking of mother and three year old daughter in Mississauga