427 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,864 total cases found in Mississauga
The province says that 427 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 1,900 residents have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on May 19, Ontario is reporting 23,384 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 1,919 people have died of the disease, while another 17,898 cases have resolved.
The province says 987 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 167 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 123 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 559,794 tests for the virus have been completed and 2,294 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 5,813 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:01 pm on May 19), 3,711 people have been diagnosed in the region and 229 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 169 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Fifty-nine deaths have been reported in Brampton and one death has been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel's website, 194 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 2,634 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 848 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 143 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 31 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 585 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 1,743 cases in Brampton, 97 in Caledon and 1,864 in Mississauga.
Seven cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- 361 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,669 total cases found in Mississauga
- 258 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,723 total cases found in Mississauga
- 308 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,637 total cases found in Mississauga
- 428 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,757 total cases found in Mississauga
- 329 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,694 total cases found in Mississauga
- Mississauga’s Most Notorious Murder Case - Peter Demeter
- Two employees at Mississauga grocery store test positive for COVID-19
- House of the Week: Magnificent $8.8 Mil Mansion with Luxurious Indoor Pool
- The perfect selfie spot is taking shape in Mississauga
- Mississauga resident charged after leaving dog in hot car: OPP