424 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, over 1,200 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
The province says that 424 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 800 residents have died of the virus. While case numbers are increasing, it does not appear that the rate of hospitalizations is increasing at this time.
Models recently released by the province also suggested that Ontario has reached its peak in the pandemic.
As of 4:00 pm on April 26, Ontario is reporting 14,856 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 892 people have died of the disease, while another 8,525 have made full recoveries.
The province says 945 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 241 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 191 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 242,188 people have been tested for the virus and 5,001 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 12,550 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:05 pm on April 27), 2,312 people have been diagnosed in the region and 86 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 64 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Twenty-one deaths have been reported in Brampton and one death has been reported in Caledon.
According to the website, 127 Peel patients have been hospitalized over the course of the pandemic. The site says 234 patients have made complete recoveries. The recoveries of 2,078 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 39 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 19 long-term care and retirement residences, and 427 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 1,011 cases in Brampton, 63 in Caledon and 1,233 in Mississauga.
Five cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- 640 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,142 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 459 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,301 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 421 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,330 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 370 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,433 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 387 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,444 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- Two employees at Mississauga grocery store test positive for COVID-19
- Mississauga’s Most Notorious Murder Case - Peter Demeter
- The perfect selfie spot is taking shape in Mississauga
- Mississauga travel agency owner wins $1 million lotto prize
- House of the Week: Magnificent $8.8 Mil Mansion with Luxurious Indoor Pool