421 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,330 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
The province says that 421 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 1,100 residents have died of the virus.
Models recently released by the province also suggested that Ontario has reached its peak in the pandemic.
As of 10:30 am on May 1, Ontario is reporting 16,608 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 1,121 people have died of the disease, while another 10,825 cases have resolved.
The province says 1,017 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 225 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 175 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 294,054 people have been tested for the virus and 11,975 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 16,532 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:15 pm on May 1), 2,511 people have been diagnosed in the region and 116 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 87 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Twenty-eight deaths have been reported in Brampton and one death has been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel's website, 137 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 227 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 2,284 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 63 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 22 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 447 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 1,108 cases in Brampton, 68 in Caledon and 1,330 in Mississauga.
Five cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- 370 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,433 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 387 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,444 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 459 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,301 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 434 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,394 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 511 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,360 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- Restaurant in Square One in Mississauga appears to have closed down for good
- Mississauga travel agency owner wins $1 million lotto prize
- Mississauga retiree enjoying big lotto win
- Two employees at Mississauga grocery store test positive for COVID-19
- The perfect selfie spot is taking shape in Mississauga