415 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,373 total cases found in Mississauga
The province says that 415 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario (including 223 that were impacted by a laboratory-to-public health reporting delay) and that over 2,400 residents have died of the virus, with 1,557 deaths occurring in long-term care homes.
Five staff members in long-term care homes have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on June 7, Ontario is reporting 30,617 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 2,426 people have died of the disease, while 24,252 cases have been resolved.
The province says 635 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 117 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 92 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 851,532 tests for the virus have been completed and 6,779 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 19,374 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:00 pm on June 7), 5,204 people have been diagnosed in the region and 290 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 209 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Seventy-nine have been reported in Brampton and two deaths have been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel's website, 259 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 3,986 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 928 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 182 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 36 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 614 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 2,687 cases in Brampton, 142 in Caledon and 2,373 in Mississauga.
Two cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- 404 new COVID-19 cases being reported in Ontario, 2,211 total cases found in Mississauga
- 356 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,306 total cases found in Mississauga
- 446 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,243 total cases found in Mississauga
- 344 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,343 total cases found in Mississauga
- 292 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,056 total cases found in Mississauga
- Rental prices falling amid COVID-19 pandemic in Mississauga
- Mississauga high school teacher charged with sexual assault
- Two Mississauga residents facing gun and drug-related charges
- 153 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 20 new cases reported over two-day period in Mississauga
- Ongoing power outage still affecting about 800 homes and businesses in Mississauga