413 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,885 total cases found in Mississauga
The province says that 413 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 1,900 residents have died of the virus, with 1,242 deaths occurring in long-term care homes.
Four staff members in long-term care homes have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on May 21, Ontario is reporting 24,187 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 1,993 people have died of the disease, while another 18,509 cases have resolved.
The province says 984 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 155 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 117 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 577,682 tests for the virus have been completed and 5,051 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 10,506 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:00 pm on May 21), 3,798 people have been diagnosed in the region and 235 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 174 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Sixty deaths have been reported in Brampton and one death has been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel's website, 197 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 2,749 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 814 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 147 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 31 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 589 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 1,805 cases in Brampton, 100 in Caledon and 1,885 in Mississauga.
Eight cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
- 404 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,006 total cases found in Mississauga
- 441 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,922 total cases found in Mississauga
- 383 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,096 total cases found in Mississauga
- 344 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,125 total cases found in Mississauga
- 292 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,056 total cases found in Mississauga
- Arrest made after man allegedly tied used condoms to cars in Mississauga
- Federal wage subsidy to be extended to December, Trudeau says
- Police respond to person in distress in Mississauga
- Mississauga woman celebrating Lotto win
- Some regions moving into Stage 3 as Ontario continues its path to economic recovery